Can I take a graduate level course without being enrolled in the PhD program?

Yes. You can take courses under the special student status. For more information on this status and how to apply for it, please visit the Categories of Admission page on the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences website (be sure to scroll down to the section labeled Special Student Status).

See also: Graduate